You can become "mindful" - fully aware of your moment-to-moment experience - and open to creativity and possibility in your work life.
Work is such a crucial part of our life and yet we often struggle with - and feel powerless around - the numerous challenges it presents. Whether it's job insecurity, making peace with or leaving an unfulfilling job, or dealing with office conflicts, we often experience fear and a sense of groundlessness just at a time when we want to be our most creative and resilient. Drawing on Buddhist philosophy, Michael Carroll, a longtime human-resources executive, meditation teacher, and executive coach, will lead this 5 session program covering such topics as:
- What is mindfulness-awareness meditation and how can it help us rediscover our natural fearlessness?
- How does "cowardice" author the very circumstances that we are so afraid of confronting?
- How can we work with our emotions more skillfully when engaging life's demands?
- What role does being a "spiritual fool" play in being brave?
- What is the "wisdom of achieving nothing"?
During this session participants will learn how to meditate and design a plan for maintaining a daily meditation practice.
During this session participants will explore their experience of fear on the job, in everyday life and as a meditator
During this session participants will explore the experience of fearless abundance and examine how to work with emotions while engaging life and work fearlessly.
During this session participants will explore further the practice of mindfulness-awareness meditation with an emphasis on “awareness” and “post-meditation” experience
During this session participants will consider how to bring the principles of Fearless at work into everyday life and consider making mindfulness-awareness an enduring part of their lives.